Sunday, July 1, 2007

Finally! My First Blog

About 6 months ago when Brooke was born I set up a blog so I could post pics and so friends and family could see what was going on, and also so I could journal for Brooke. My mom kept a journal for me and it was so fun to go back and read what I was doing. Most of it, however, was "You had another earache today, took you to the doctor." Since I never took the time to really post on here, I have just been keeping a journal in Microsoft Word thinking I would transfer it to this once I got it up and running. Well, the day has finally arrived! Brooke is sleeping, I have already showered and gotten ready for church, Tyler is at his meeting, and the roast is in the crock pot.... so now is as good a time as ever. I'll copy and paste the almost 6 months of journaling I have into this, which is sadly not a whole lot, but for me who doesn't journal very well it's a big step.

1/14/06
So today I was thinking that I wanted to have some way to write down for our little Brooke the little cute things about her and what she is like as a newborn and then on. My mom used to write down in a notebook the little things that we would say on a day to day basis. I have that notebook and it is so fun to read now. I think for right now I will try to type things up and maybe at some point I will transfer this to a website or something so that others can see what is going on with our little one. I will have to come back and write more about the previous 3 days that you have been alive.

We took you to the pediatrician on 1/11. Dr. Auxier is your doctor. He is such a nice LDS guy. He checked you all out and said you were perfect (which we knew!) He did say that you broke your right collarbone. It happens in about 10-15% of deliveries because the shoulders have to fit just right through the birth canal. You don’t even notice it and it will heal on its own. We don’t have to take any precautions or anything. He said the only reason he mentioned it is that I will notice it when your older-there will be an olive-size bump there. He just wanted me to know so that I wouldn’t worry then.

Grandma and Grandpa Steadman got here late January 5th and stayed until about noon today. They were sooo helpful and fun to have here. They made an extravagant dinner for Grandma and Grandpa Workman, Deena, Aaron and Elyse one night. They also made a big batch of stew to freeze so we could have it for later. Grandma Sue has been working on sewing things and getting things together for you. She is going to make your blessing dress. They would have liked to stay longer but Emily called and said that her water broke and she was going into labor. They didn’t expect her to have her baby until at least later on this week, but it looks like you’re going to have a new cousin here shortly.

Last night was probably the worst night we’ve had. My milk came in yesterday and I think you had a hard time adjusting to it. You stopped eating as much as you normally do and you weren’t sleeping well at all. It also doesn’t help that our heater started blowing out cold air and wouldn’t work. It got to freezing last night so we had you all bundled up good. It was 4 am and we really hadn’t slept since about 9 pm. I was getting very tired and worried that something was wrong. Grandma Steadman came out and took you so I could sleep. You really liked to sleep with her and slept until 9 am. Today you are doing much better. We tried out your swing that has the vibrating chair. You seem to like it.

Everyone just keeps saying how absolutely cute you are! Perfect complexion, big bright blue eyes, just everything we hoped for!! Your dad is just on cloud nine. He is so proud and absolutely loves to hold you. If anyone else is holding you he will sit there and watch and make sure that they are doing everything right. You definitely are going to be a daddy’s girl!! He had you laying with him on the lovesac the other day and said that that is where you guys are going to lay to watch games.

1/17/07
Well, today you are officially 1 week old!!! It is weird to think that it was one week ago that we were in the hospital starting a new chapter in our lives. It’s crazy to think how much has changed in that one week. Grandma Workman and Elyse came over today to watch you while dad and I went to get some lunch. It was nice to leave the house since it is only the third time since we came home. Grandpa Workman got to hold you for the first time since he has had a little cold until now. Everyone just comments on how cute you are and the many facial expressions you make. I took a picture with you holding a sign that said Hi to Kyden ( that’s what Emily and Terah decided to name their baby boy). I haven’t seen a picture yet, but they say that he is the cutest thing with long black curly hair. It will be fun having you two so close in age.

1/19/07
Boy you had rough day and night yesterday! I’m trying to figure out what I ate that did not agree with you. We hate to see you cry and know that you are hurting because you are usually such a good baby! It helped to have us hold you. Today was a lot better day and you are consistently going 3 hrs in between feedings.
You sure love to suck on your hands. We will hear a loud sucking noise and look at you and you’ve got your fingers in your mouth. This doesn’t surprise me because when we were having an ultrasound to determine gender we saw you sucking on your thumb. It was so cute! You are so fun to look at-you make a lot of facial expressions, including a straight mouth smile. Your neck is so strong and you will pick it up off my shoulder while I am burping you. You have gotten to where you don’t cry anymore when I give you a bath or change your diaper. You love to look around, especially at the lights and you definitely respond to our voices when we talk to you. You can’t quite see us yet or be able to tell where the voice is coming from, but it calms you down to hear us.
Your Grandma and Grandpa Workman came over tonight to see you. They were at the Suns game and Grandpa bought you a purple pony. He said that will be the first horse you’ll have…I think he has plans of you having more!

1/20/07
I think we may have figured out what upsets your stomach-tomatoes. The night before you were really fussy I had some pizza and last night I had ravioli with spaghetti sauce. That seems to make sense. I will avoid them and see if it helps, but if that is what causes it, it will be nice to know.
You seem to have gotten your dad’s stomach! About 5 this morning I was changing your diaper. Just as I was about to switch out the dirty one with a clean one you went to the bathroom- projectile poop! It sprayed all over my arm, on the wall, the changing pad, even hit the window and blinds!! I couldn’t believe it. Just my luck…perfect timing to have your diaper off right then. So, once I got you cleaned up and put to bed I had to go in there and wash the walls and everything off before it hardened. That’s ok though…you’re worth it all!


1/24/07
Happy Two Week Birthday!! I can’t believe you’re two weeks old! It seems like it’s been much longer than that. We took you to see Dr. Auxier today for your two week check. He said you are perfect! We talked to him about how you don’t sleep well at night and he said you probably have your days and nights backwards. He told us we would have to try and keep you awake more during the day and then at night time to just change your diaper, feed you, and put you back to bed and not talk to you or try to keep you awake. That’s kind of hard to not want to talk to you when I’m feeding you or changing you! He also said that you recognize our faces now. That’s so cool! You had quite a busy day. After the Dr.’s appointment, we stopped by Grandma Workman’s. She was just finishing doing hair and was so excited to see you. That is the first time you have been to her house. We stayed there for a few hours and then had to take you to the lab to have your infant screening done. You didn’t even cry when they pricked your heel or were squeezing it to get blood out- you went to sleep! Your umbilical cord also fell off today! Hooray, we can give you a normal bath now! We also went to the airport to meet Aunt Wendy and Uncle Todd. They were coming back from a vacation in Mexico and had a layover in Phoenix. We went to eat and talked and Wendy held you. She thought you were just so cute! We also discovered today that you really like your pacifier. We tried to give you three different kinds before and you would only take one of them, but still didn’t really like it. We tried to give you another kind today and you loved it! Needless to say, you had a very busy day today!

1/29/07
We are definitely starting to see your personality come out now! It is so cute to watch you. You absolutely love your bath and just sit there while I’m bathing you, looking up at me. You also don’t like the dark and we have to leave a lamp on in the room when we go to bed. We also noticed that you do not like to be left alone. Yesterday we went into the kitchen to eat dinner and left you in your bassinet in the living room. You started fussing when we left you alone. We pulled the bassinet into the kitchen next to us and you went right back to sleep. At night I have the bassinet turned so that when you are awake you can see me in the bed, and you seem to be doing better that way. We have had you at Grandma Workman’s the past couple days. When other people hear that we are over there everyone comes over and takes turns passing you around. We took you to the store yesterday, left you in the car seat and put it on the shopping cart. As long as we were moving you slept quietly. If we stopped to look at something for very long though you started whimpering. It is so cute!

2/2/07
You are starting to try and turn your head and can almost roll onto your side. We are so amazed with how cute you are every single day and how much you are growing. I put you in an outfit that daddy bought for you today, but the pants almost came to your shoulders so we’ll have to wait for a little longer on that one. We stopped by the Bradshaw’s. They keep saying that their 3 month old son Bryson is going to marry you. It would be so cute….Bryson and Brooke Bradshaw! J We think that you have reflux because you spit up a lot. After almost every meal you get the hiccups and sometimes throw up as you hiccup. We have tried to keep you sitting up for a half hour after eating, and that seems to be cutting down on the number of times you’re spitting up. It’s hard though because when I’m feeding you in the middle of the night we usually fall asleep as I’m burping you and don’t wake up sometimes until you’re ready to eat again. I’m trying to put you down to sleep more because you’re definitely getting used to being held while you sleep and will get fussy when we put you down.

2/17/07
It has been a long time since I’ve been able to write. We found out at the beginning of the month that Grandpa Steadman has to have a liver transplant. We were all pretty shook up by it. Dad doesn’t have to be to work until the end of the month, so we decided that it was the perfect time to drive up there and see everyone. They were all so excited! We got to stop and Grandma and Grandpa Great Fisher and Steadman along the way. You did so well in the car and slept the majority of the time. It was definitely a new experience to travel with a baby! It worked out well though.
While we were there Grandma Steadman threw a shower for Kyden and you. It was mostly ladies from her ward that came, but they all loved to see you two and hold you. It was fun; we took your first pictures together. It is funny how we can definitely tell that you are a girl and Kyden is a boy. You seem to be much longer and although you look bigger, he feels heavier. You also got to meet your other cousins and Kyle. We went to Rexburg to show dad around since he has never been there. Grandma Steadman made you a covering for your car seat to cover your face when we go outside, and she is working on your blessing dress. We are going to bless you the first weekend in March.
We can’t decide if you really like Maverik, or if you really don’t like it. I say this because every time we stopped at a Maverik, you had a blow out!! It was kind of funny but not when we stopped in Flagstaff on the way up there. I had you on my lap and fed and changed you. Just as I was about to hand you to your dad, you had a blow out all over my shirt and the clothes you were wearing. Luckily I had a disposable changing pad on my lap or it would have gotten all over my pants. It happened again when we went to the Maverik in Burley and I changed you as well as in Fillmore!
On the way home we stayed in a Victorian Charm hotel in Kanab. It had a jetted tub in the room. We put you in there with dad and you loved it!
Everyone in Arizona just missed you and was so excited when we got home. We are seeing you start to be more alert and responsive. You make the cutest sounds! We think you are on the verge of smiling with us and everything.

2/21/07 You are 6 weeks old now! It is so hard to believe that that much time has gone by since you were born! You are getting more and more alert and responsive every day and it is sooo fun. Your dad especially has a touch to get you cooing at him. You are smiling a lot more and sometimes I even detect a little giggle! We are noticing that you really do not like to wake up in the morning. You will stretch and whimper and fight waking up for a long time. This week I have put you in your swing more, which you seem to enjoy a lot more now that you can hold your head up better. You are also doing a lot better with not spitting up quite so much, I think a lot of that has to do with you burping more after being fed. Also this week you have started to sleep more at night. Generally I will feed you at about 11 0r 12 and then put you down to sleep (which you have a hard time doing because you’re used to being held by everyone!) and you will sleep until 5 or 6. Hooray! It definitely helps me out to get 4-5 hrs of good sleep instead of 2-3.
We have been very busy with running errands, going to baby and bridal showers, and family activities. It throws you off when we are gone a lot and you don’t get as good of sleep as you normally get. You seem to be conditioned now that when you are awake that you are supposed to be eating. This is good because it means that I have you on a routine for eating and sleeping, but it also means that if you’re woken up early that you want to eat long before you normally would. Sometimes we have to feed you and other times I can hold you off or get you back to sleep.

2/28/07
Can’t believe you’re 7 weeks old already! It really does not seem like long ago we were bringing you home from the hospital. You are starting to not fit into your newborn clothes anymore, only because they are too short! You are looking so long. We take you into the doctor in a couple weeks and I am interested to see how long you are and how much you weigh. I am noticing when I feed you that you are much heavier than you used to be.
I took you to the mall today and pushed you around in the stroller. You were very content and slept most of the time except for the occasional time you would open one eye and look around then go back to sleep. It is so fun to see your facial expressions, especially when dad is talking to you and you mimic what he is doing. You definitely have his scowl and will pull your eyebrows in. I wonder what you’re thinking when you do that? You have also started to do this little piglet squeal. I’m not sure what it means yet, you make it sometimes when you are waking up and also when I sit you up to burp you. It’s pretty cute. You are being blessed this weekend and we are excited for that. Grandma and Grandpa Steadman are coming down. As I am going throughout the day I think of things that I want to write and they sound so good in my head. When I go to write them on here, it doesn’t come out as nice! We are so lucky to have you. Everyday we just look at you in awe at how beautiful and precious you are. Dad said the other day that if we had known how much fun you were, we would have had you a long time ago…..he’s already talking about a brother or sister!

3/4/07 Today was such a very special day for you. Today is the day you received a name and a blessing. Grandma and Grandpa Steadman flew into town yesterday and Aunt Wendy, Uncle Todd and Kaylee, Troy, and Toby drove down to be here for this special day. Grandma Steadman made you the most beautiful dress. I told her what I wanted it to look like and it turned out so beautiful. Your dad took you to the front of the chapel and Grandpa Steadman, Grandpa Workman, Uncle Aaron, Ryan and Todd all took you in their arms and dad gave you a special blessing. He blessed you that you would continue to grow and remain healthy and strong. He blessed you to know that you have been born into a family that loves you and wants the best for you. He blessed you that you would be strong in the gospel and want to go to the temple to take on covenants and that when the time is right that you will take a special guy there to be sealed for time and eternity. It was such a beautiful blessing and your dad did such a great job!

3/5/07 You are really starting to talk more and make the cutest sounds. Tonight everyone came over for a while and Uncle Ryan was holding you. Aunt Camilla started to tickle you a little and guess what? You started to giggle. I’ve heard you giggle a little before, but you were really giggling today. It was so cute! I got it on the video camera!

3/10/07 Today is exactly 2 months since you were born! Crazy!! I took you to have your pictures taken at Target. You look so cute! We ordered a bunch to give to Grandmas and Grandpas as well as other family and friends that have been waiting for a picture. We took them in your blessing dress and the purple/denim outfit daddy bought for you. You were really good, we just couldn’t get you to smile! That’s okay...we’ll take them every couple of months and when you get a little older you’ll be more easy to smile. Daddy made the observation today that you are using your tongue more- sticking it out and moving it around. It’s so cute!

3/16/07
I’m sitting here at 5 in the morning. Not because I don’t need the sleep, but because I am so excited! You fell asleep just after 8 pm last night and I put you in your glider. I decided not to wake you to feed you and I slept out on the couch in the living room thinking you would wake up any time. I just woke up and you are still sitting there sleeping!

You have been so cute lately....you’re just starting to talk more and be so much more alert. I went back to work this week and Grandma Workman has been watching you. It was sooo hard to leave you! We picked you up one night and you were in the swing. You had the pacifier in your mouth and it fell out onto your arm. You were struggling, but you somehow got it back in your mouth all by yourself!

3/18/07
I took you in a couple days ago for your 2 month check. You saw Debbie Howard who is the Nurse Practitioner at your pediatrician’s. She was very good. You weigh 11 lb 1 oz and are 22 ¾ in long! Your weight, height, and head circumference is in the 50-60%. She said that you just look wonderful. I had her check a red spot on your left shoulder blade that I have noticed and she said it is a hemangioma, or group of blood vessels. She said that it may grow or it may stay that same size, which is not very big. She said that your spitting up sounds normal and I need to try and get you to feed longer on one side. She also said to make sure that you are getting plenty of tummy time. I just put you on your tummy and you somehow lifted yourself up on one side and rolled onto your back! It was awesome and daddy didn’t believe me that you did that yourself!

3/20/07
You got your 2 month shots today. It was very sad. You gave me the bottom lip for a long time and I felt bad, but I know it’s the best thing for you! You never ran a fever but you were a little cranky today and I gave you Tylenol twice.

I dropped you off at Grandma’s yesterday while I went to work. It is getting a little easier to leave you, but it’s still hard! Grandma was holding you and she said to say goodbye to me. You looked at me then gave one of your little crooked smiles. It was so cute!

4/2/07
Wow it has been awhile since I’ve written in here. I guess you could say things have been busy, but that’s pretty normal. You are just the cutest little thing ever! You are so fun to watch as you smile and giggle sometimes. Everyone just says what a beautiful perfect baby you are. Your hair is starting to look more and more red. You love to look at the TV! You will turn your head toward it and start watching it any chance you get. We try to keep you from watching it because we’ve heard that it increases your chances of ADHD if you watch it before 12 months old. Some people think it’s funny though because you’re so drawn to it.

We took you to your first hockey game last week. You seemed to like it. You only cried once when the announcer first came on and it was kind of loud. Other than that, you seemed to like the brightness from the ice. It was so cute, we had you in your red and white outfit with your sweater jacket, mittens, and a beanie. I couldn’t tell what people were thinking that we brought you there. I guess you were looking at some guys with your big beautiful eyes because they commented on how you were a flirt already!

You seem to be noticing strangers already. Grandma Workman took you with her while she did Aunt Joanna’s hair. When Aunt Joanna picked you up you started to cry. You also have been a little fussy with Grandma Carling, probably because you don’t see her as much. It is so fun to watch you grow and develop. You already have such a mild disposition about you. I can just picture you being such a wonderful girl as you grow up!

4/8/07
Happy Easter!! This is your first Easter ever and let me tell you how cute you looked in your little pink ruffled Easter dress with a pink headband. We took a family picture today. Yesterday I took a picture of you in your bunny bath robe and sent it to our family/friends letting them know the Easter Bunny was at our house. It was so cute!

This week has been a week of change for you. You started sleeping through the night (from about 9pm to 7am). The first time you did it I thought it was going to be a one-time only thing, but you’ve continued to sleep through the night. One night I put you down in your crib thinking you would take a nap and then I would feed you again before putting you in your bassinet. You slept until morning, so I figured I would keep you in your crib and tonight is the third night you’ve been there.

You got very fussy last week and we looked at your gums and they are looking white. I couldn’t believe it! At 3 months our little girl is starting to teeth. Of course it will be a while before you actually cut a tooth, but I’m sure it’s coming. I bought some teething tablets and you calmed down, so I’m pretty sure it’s those teeth of yours!

I took you into my work for a meeting and everyone just could not get enough of you! They said you should be a model for baby clothes and just kept commenting on how cute you are! They didn’t have to tell us though, we already knew that.

4/9/07
Today was the first day that you held your bottle up by yourself! I couldn’t believe it! You are just growing up so fast. You no longer like to lie in your glider like you used to. You are much more content just lying on the floor on a blanket. Often times I will bring you into the kitchen and put your blanket on the floor and you just lay there and watch me. We call you the little piglet sometimes because if we take your bottle out of your mouth to burp you, you squeal and snort if you still want your bottle.

Your boyfriend Bryson Bradshaw moved to Texas last week, I’m sure you’re missing him! J

4/17/07
The weeks go by so fast! You are now 3 ½ months old! Your teeth are starting to bother you again, but a little Tylenol, some occasional teething tablets, and a teething toy that vibrates in your mouth seems to help you. You are sleeping so well through the night. The other day your daddy and I were talking to you and you just started giggling and giggling. I told daddy to get the video camera, but of course you stopped just as we were about to get it. That always happens! J You are just such a trooper and go everywhere with me running errands. Grandma and Grandpa Workman just love having you there on the two days that I work. It is crazy to look at your baby pictures because you look so much more mature and grown up! We love you so much!

4/19/07
So yesterday I was holding you. As I said, your teeth are starting to bother you again so you’re looking for things to put in your mouth. I was holding you and you started sucking on my chin. I thought it was harmless, that it just felt good on your gums. Well, the next time I looked in the mirror, I saw that you were sucking so hard you gave me a hickie! I couldn’t believe it! Today I took you to get pictures done and there was a lady ahead of me in line. She told me I had dirt on my face and pointed to the bruise you left. I said, “Oh, it’s not dirt” and she goes “Oh, a bruise?” kind of like she was thinking that your dad hit me or something. I then explained to her what happened. It was quite funny!

4/24/07
I can’t believe how much you are growing up! Yesterday you rolled from your back to your stomach on your own; you’ve been trying for a while now but finally got your arm out of the way to be completely on your stomach. You are also starting to make a noise when you’re tired, almost like you’re singing yourself to sleep. It is so cute! I can’t believe you’re almost four months old!

5/3/07
I took you into work today and everyone cannot get over how cute you are! You are getting to be so fun! You are also getting to be good at putting yourself to sleep for a nap. You hardly cry anymore and will lie there and kind of whimper and then fall asleep, of course with your thumb in your mouth. A couple of days ago you started grabbing at things and got a hold of a check that dad had in his pocket. I guess we are going to have to watch you more closely now. J

5/4/07
Today you were crying because you were hungry, and it was the first time I saw a tear come out of your eye. It was so sad! Now when you cry (which is still only when you’re hungry, extremely tired, or your gums are hurting) you’ll have big alligator tears!

5/7/07
You are amazing us with how you are rolling all over the place! I had to put the bumper up in the front of your crib because I don’t want you to roll into the side of the crib. Every day you just get more and more fun! Your gums are starting to bother you again, but you have not broken a tooth yet. You notice strangers more and more every day, and depending on your mood, will scream if someone holds you that you don’t know. You also do a cute shy face sometimes when someone else is holding you and you look and me and I smile at you. You will duck your head and put your hands up by your mouth. It’s so cute!!

5/13/07 Today is Mother’s Day, and this year it means more than it ever has before! It was one year ago Mother’s Day weekend that we found out we were pregnant with you. We were so excited!! I will always remember that and the impact that that one thing has had on our lives.

Your dad took us to San Diego for the day yesterday to celebrate Mother’s Day. It was your first flight and you were such a trooper!! You hardly cried the entire day and you tried to stay awake to look around at everything. We could tell you were enjoying all the new things to look at! We went to the San Diego Temple, Coronado Island and walked along the beach, and then we went to the pier and took a tour through the USS Midway, a retired navy ship. It was a lot of fun. You would fall asleep in the car while we were driving and then once we got you out you were looking all over and just having a great time! We could tell that you were so tired but just fought falling asleep. Finally when we got home you fell asleep about 9 and didn’t wake up until 8 the next day.

5/24/07
This week has been a hard one for you. Last week you took 4 hour naps in the morning and then took good naps throughout the day. This week, you don’t want to sleep at all. Yesterday you only slept for about 45 minutes, then by the end of the day you were screaming mad because you were so tired! Silly girl! You are starting to reach for me or your dad when you are being held. Your hair which was really looking red is starting to darken a little.

I took you in for your 4 month check. Dr. Auxier said you are developing great, in the 25% for weight and 75% for height! I don’t know where you got those genes from!! You have a small clear bubble on your eye next to the iris that he said was a cyst and that we would just monitor it. We want to make sure everything is ok, so I’m taking you in a couple weeks to a pediatric ophthalmologist. Hopefully it is normal and will go away!

5/25/07
You have been so much fun lately! You love to just lay on the floor and roll all over. When someone talks to you or tickles you, you just giggle and giggle! You have been doing this thing lately where when you’re eating you’ll just look up at me and laugh then start eating again.

We found that you really love the LoveSac. We will “toss” you into it and bounce you on it and you just laugh and laugh!

5/28/07
Today we were in the store. You were sitting in your carseat on the cart and I had you laughing. I noticed that you had two white spots on your bottom gums...you’re starting to cut your teeth!! I can feel the corner of the bottom right tooth coming through. It surprises me because you have been so good lately; I haven’t even had to give you Tylenol! Our little girl is growing up so fast!

5/30/07
Well, it’s official! Baby Brooke has her two bottom teeth! It is so crazy. You have such a hard bite that when you stick our fingers in your mouth you leave marks! It is cute to see your smile now with your teeth. They say that a baby’s smile really changes once they get their teeth, and that’s the truth!

6/4/07
We just got back from visiting Grandma and Grandpa Steadman for the weekend. This was your second plane ride and you did great! The stewardess were all cooing over you and saying how cute you were. Everyone was up at the house and they were all so happy to see you at Grandma’s. It was cute to see you interact with Kyden. The first thing you did was try to grab his face. He’s not as much into grabbing things as you are, so he just stared at you. We laid you together on the floor and you rolled all around him. He was making a loud, high-pitched squealing noise while we were there and you picked up on it. On our way home you started making that same noise. It is so cute. It’s almost like you just discovered you could do that so now you do it all the time! Kaylee, Troy, and Toby all fought over you - “I want to feed Baby Brooke!” They said they want a baby sister soo bad! (We’re hoping they get one!) We stopped by Great Grandma and Grandpa Steadman’s on the way to the airport. They couldn’t believe how much you’ve grown in the last few months.


6/10/07
Today I decided it was a good day to start you on rice cereal -You woke us up very early and we had a lot of time before our Sunday meetings. You are starting to become more and more aware of things and wanting to put things in your mouth even more. We made up a little of the cereal- looks like milk with tiny chunks of something. You did awesome taking a spoon (as we expected you would!) and ate most of it.

6/18/07
Today we went with Denee and Jayda up to see Tyler and Chris at work. We ate in the cafeteria there and everyone coo’d over you and said how cute you are. When we got home I was putting you to bed. You put your cheek up against mine and fell asleep. It was so cute. I have been trying make a much more conscious effort to remember these types of moments because you really are growing up so fast!!

6/26/07
Today I thought we would give you your first pedicure. You were so good and held still for it! I laid you on our bed and held your foot. I kept a hold of your foot and was blowing on your toes to help the paint to dry. You thought it was pretty funny and didn’t try to fight me or anything. It turned out so cute! Of course, the first thing you did was put your toes in your mouth, so I hope you didn’t eat any polish!

6/28/07
Last weekend I was in Chicago for work from Thursday-Sunday. I was so sad to leave you! It was kind of tough, I was originally supposed to leave on Friday but found out earlier in the week that I had to leave on Thursday. It was the longest time I have been away from your dad, and of course the first time I left you overnight. I was so afraid you would forget me! I guess you did pretty well until Sunday. Everyone said that you kind of moped around and you only wanted to be held by girls. Your dad took care of you and you were at Grandma Workman’s a lot. They had to take you shopping and got you a couple of new outfits. I got you a cute pink Chicago Cubs romper while I was there, so you got some new outfits this weekend. When I came off the plane you and your dad were at the airport waiting for me. When you saw me your eyes got all big and you were so excited!

We had to start you on some formula since I didn’t have enough milk for the extra day I was gone. I gave you Enfamil on Tuesday and you did awesome. You are starting to not spit up as much, which is very nice.

I don’t think I’ve ever written on here about the cyst on your eye. It is on the left eye on the bottom right corner on your eyeball. You dad noticed it when you were born, but the pediatrician at the hospital told us it was probably just discharge. We have continued to watch it as it has gotten bigger and bigger (it has gone from about 1 mm to 4 mm, which to us on your little eye is huge!) I showed it to Dr. Auxier at your 4 month appointment and he is the one who told me it was a cyst. As it got bigger, I decided to take you to an Ophthalmologist. When I called to make an appointment and told them you had a growing cyst on your eyeball they got me in the next day. The doctor confirmed it was a cyst, said that he could numb your eye with some drops and pop it with a scalpel, or we could wait and it should pop on its own. I definitely opted for waiting....you don’t hold still very well and although I’m sure he knows what he is doing I’m not fond of the idea of him taking a scalpel to your eyeball. He did say that you had excellent vision, so that’s a plus! So, that’s the story with that. I guess I didn’t expect to have a baby with a broken collar bone and a cyst on her eye, but if that’s the worst thing that happens, I’ll take it!!

3 comments:

Robert Choate said...

I get to be the first person to post a comment on this blog. I feel very cool now. Pictures of Brooke are definately needed. But reading about her is good too. This is the easist way to keep people up to date on Brigham and Isaac. We were not good at the journaling either but we did write letters to Brigham each month on his month birthday which hopefully will be of worth to him in the future. I am sure this will be for Brooke.

grandma workman said...

Jenny, what a wonderful job you have done creating your family blog. Little Brooke is so lucky to have a mother who keeps these records, someday she will be very grateful to you, just as you were with your mom. I enjoyed reading all about your fun family trip and especially the beautiful pictures. We are so grateful that little Brooke is healthy and strong- what a blessing.

Lizzie said...

So, I didn't read all of that, but whta I did read is so cute. She will have fun reading about it as she gets older. My sister prints out her blog once a month and keeps it in a binder, maybe you could do that too.