There are several things I should be doing right now instead of being on the computer. Tyler is on a trip to Lake Tahoe that he earned from his work and I'm trying to get things caught up around the house while Brooke is asleep. Oh well, those toilets can wait! I was tagged by Britt a while ago and I've been thinking of this. So here goes.....
10 years ago: I was 15. I was a sophomore in high school and totally nervous to turn 16. If I remember correctly, I was just at the tail end of the awkward stage...you know, when you're still trying to figure out your hair and your ever-changing body and all that stuff. Wait a minute, isn't that how I am still?!?
5 things on my to-do list today: #1 Go to Target (trying to get some free dishwasher detergent with coupons, and Brooke is out of her Gerber crackers) #2 Clean the bathrooms- the most dreaded weekly chore #3 Continue to tidy up the house. I'm working on my junk piles while Tyler is gone. #4 Go to CVS.....free razors!! #5 Decide what I'm doing for Tyler for Valentine's day. (I'm tempted to tell him that my permission for him to get a new TV was his gift:)
5 Snacks I enjoy: #1 Lately in my quest to eat more veggies I have been eating a lot of celery with peanut butter (better to have it with peanut butter or ranch than not at all!) #2 Oranges from Grandpa Carling's trees #3 anything chocolate (duh!) #4 Ritz toasted chips, and $5 Gum (to keep me from snacking)
What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire: Buy a house, retire, let Tyler go on an electronics shopping spree, invest, donate to various organizations, build a craft room, travel, and hang out with Tyler and Brooke.
3 of my bad habits: 1. This has become very apparent to me lately, (and sorry if you've been on the receiving end) but I like to finish people's sentences and cut them off before they're finished talking. I know, I'm working on it! 2. This is very hypocritical because I talk to patients all the time about not doing this, but I am a zit picker. I grew up with a mom who said "The family that picks together, sticks together!" This means that nearly every night we were at each others faces with a bobby pin. I'm surprised my face isn't scarred more! It's a habit that has carried with me through my youth, and I still cannot leave those pimples (mine or Tyler's) alone. Gross, I know!!
5Places I have lived: Raft River and Rexburg, Idaho and Mesa and Tempe, Arizona
5 jobs that I have had : 1. CNA (aka certified geriatric bum wiper) 2. Catering Assistant (fun college job) 3. Transcriptionist for Physical Therapy office 4. Medical assistant for Family Practice and now for Dermatologist 5. Lab rat for a birth control study....the best college job ever!
5 Things people don't know about me:
#1 I am kind of a neat freak when it comes to my house. It drives me crazy if things aren't cleaned up and put away. Having said that, there are several places in my home that are not so tidy, but if the living area is not picked up it drives me crazy. (This only applies to my own home, I don't care if someone else's house is messy)
#2 I want to write a book someday. The title would be "1001 Ways to Make Your Life Easier". In college I started to compile ideas, but it has since been put on the backburner. I'm sure by the time I get around to it someone else will have already written it!
#3 I was voted "Personality Plus" by my Senior class. I think they passed out crack before the vote.
#4 I was on the all girls clogging team in college. It was a lot of fun and we got to travel, although our outfilts were AWEFUL! We had to use old old old costumes, but we had a lot of fun.
#5 Most people know this, but I can't think of anything else. I love coupons! I am always trying to find a way to get things cheap or free. Then once I find a way I usually go overboard. Let's just say this. I have a house full of toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, diapers, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, cereal, and so forth. I just call it my "hobby"....that's why nothing else gets done!
Thanks Britt, that was fun! Now I tag...
Emily
Camilla
Lauren
Lizzy
and anyone else who would like to fill this out!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Tagged!
Journaled by
Born2Save
at
9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's not very nice. . . I already did another one of these tagged things!
Thanks for all the wonderful insight into your life. Very interesting stuff that I don't think I or anyone else would have ever learned except for reading this. I can relate to a lot of the stuff you put. Enjoy your day of cleaning. A clean, organized, "everything put away in place as I have it designated" is a happy home.
Thanks Jen I enjoyed that. The other day I thought of an idea for your book. I cant think of it right know but when I do, I'll let you know.
Post a Comment