Saturday, May 31, 2008

The many faces of Brooke

I was talking to some of the girls at work the other day. They are so sweet to always ask about Brooke. I was saying that before, 7-10 months was my favorite age (of course, I have enjoyed her at every age, but I'm allowed to have my favorite stages), but now at 16 months it is my new favorite age. I just feel like Brooke is so fun and she is getting to where she understands what we are saying to her and her cute little personality is really showing. Here are a few of the things she is doing now:

1- She is obsessed with her Easter hat. I mentioned it before that she wouldn't take it off going over to Grandma Workman's. Now she will randomly come out with it on, take it off, put it back on, and so on. It's pretty cute.

2- She recognizes the pictures in her books. When we ask her where the horse, dog, cat, frog, snake, butterfly, etc. are she points to them. She also points to her daddy, mommy, and herself.

3- She is our little helper. One day Grandma Workman asked her to get her diaper and then to put it in the garbage. She was also fetching Kayden's blanket from the other room. She's so obedient.

4- She is such a girl. Her doll is her little best friend and she loves to take her for walks in the stroller. At night I put her doll sitting up facing her and give her a book. She falls asleep reading the book to her doll. We also have to make sure the the doll has her little blankie and that she gets fed with her little bottle.

5- She now says "dada", "mama", "papa", "Abba" (Abby), "Uh-oh", "Ssss" for a snake sound, and something that resembles apple. Tyler has been trying to get her to say "Dada love you" one word at a time. She says dada then something that I guess resembles 'love you'.

6. She loves to color or draw or anything dealing with a pen/pencil. She's pretty good at holding it correctly and lays her head down when she's drawing.

I do have to add a disclaimer that for as cute as she is, yesterday I offered to give her away. :) She is at that stage where she can throw tantrums and lets you know if she's not getting what she wants. Any advice? I'd like to nip that in the bud but I'm not quite sure how to.......

This is just a picture I took when she fell asleep with her feet through the crib. I thought it was kind of cool, but I could definitely use some photography skills... help Denee!

5 comments:

Jules said...

If you figure out how to control the temper thing, let me know. My 2-year-old rules my household when she wants to.

(btw, this is Julie (Fairbanks) Sewell, not just some random blog stalker :) )

Jen said...

She is getting so big- i love how much they learn, it's amazing!

The Malone Family said...

So cute! It's been way too long since we've gotten together. Call me soon and we'll have to finally get going on a new project. (I'm sure you've been doing a ton w/ out me!)

parkinfamily said...

Steadman...how are you? It is so good to hear from you! Your little girl is so cute...I love her big blue eyes. They grow up so fast though, enjoy this age because it all changes once they hit two!

Tatiana said...

Oh my gosh! She is so big! Isn't it amazing how fast they learn and how much 2 weeks makes a difference in what they can do?!?! Bryson all of a sudden started saying more words like a month ago. Ok we keep saying we need to get together but this time we really need to!