Grandpa's Grain is proud to offer, straight from my dad's farm in Idaho....... (be excited!)....... Premium Hard White Wheat!
Why is this exciting? Well, for one, white wheat has been hard to get - even from the cannery. They have had some available recently but I called today and they don't have any more and do not know when they will get more because Salt Lake has ran out of it. Grandpa's Grain will not be running out any time soon!
Another reason this is exciting is because you know where the wheat is coming from. The wheat is grown, treated with an organic powder to control bugs (completely safe to humans), cleaned (in a six part dry cleaning process to ensure you receive the cleanest wheat available), and packaged - right there on the farm that I grew up on. It has a minimum of 14% protein content and no more than a 9% moisture content - that makes this wheat PREMIUM quality!!
The main reason to be excited about this is because you will not have to worry about it in your food storage (I know, I'm too young to be all excited about food storage!) We offer 45 lb. buckets that are made of 100% VIRGIN plastic, sealed with o-ring lids and packaged with oxygen absorbers. They truly are made to store for 30 years! Buckets that are made of recycled plastic (aka, the ones you see being sold at Costco) will start to allow oxygen absorption within 3-5 years. Oxygen absorption = critters = no good.
We also offer 50 lb. sacks. The sacks are triple-layered with a mylar lining, and although they are designed for short term use, are a great way to start incorporating wheat into your every day use.
Wheat is one of the essential ingredients in building up your food storage. To get an idea of the church's guidelines for how much food storage your family needs, click here.
We are making monthly deliveries to the Phoenix area, with the next one scheduled for March 28th. The sacks are $22 and buckets are $27. For more information or to place an order, contact me at grandpasgrainaz@gmail.com.
If you are not in the Phoenix are but are interested in wheat,contact me at grandpasgrainaz@gmail.com. We are making deliveries all throughout the West.
Friday, March 6, 2009
We've Got Wheat!!
Journaled by
Born2Save
at
10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Does the west include Dallas TX?
Hey Tamme! Right now, no :( We are making deliveries that are within a days drive from the farm. But, if you are ever planning on coming here to visit family we could hook you up!
Jenny I am so glad you found me! Hopefully you'll see this. Sorry, I'm not in a spot for wheat at the moment! I have been trying to find you on facebook and am so glad you found me through Averi! I'm excited to keep in touch!
Post a Comment