Friday, April 10, 2009

Comparison of Pregnancies

Okay, this is a post that I started a while ago (obviously the news is old!) but I was waiting until I could get pictures up. So, I'll do that later for journaling purposes but while I'm trying to catch up here's just the text for now.

As this pregnancy is fast coming to a close (scary!!) I've been thinking about the differences in this pregnancy and my first with Brooke. So I decided to write down some of the differences in the two. So here goes, we'll see how well my memory serves me!

- First and foremost was the "morning" sickness. With Brooke it was all day, every day for 6 months. I lost 15 lbs. before i started to gain any weight. This pregnancy has definitely not been that bad. I had some weeks that were better than others, but nothing close to how it was with Brooke. I have not been sick since about 20 weeks.

- Water retention: With Brooke, I had to wear compression stockings all day every day or I couldn't even get my feet in my shoes. This time around my ankles have been swollen, but nothing nearly like what it was before. It wasn't until the last 2 weeks with Brody that I really got swollen, although it was only in my legs and not up into my face the way it was with Brooke.

- Sleeping: I remember having to sleep with a pillow behind my back and a pillow between my knees last time. That made it pretty annoying every time I had to roll over! This time so far I am able to get by with just the pillow between my knees. Still looking forward to being able to sleep on my back!

- Cravings: Haven't really had any this time, although I have started to eat peanut butter which I never really cared for before. With Brooke I ate EZ Mac like it was going out of style and constantly craved Sonic ice (I guess it also didn't help that I had low iron).

- Size: I am definitely feeling like I have been bigger with this pregnancy than with Brooke, although looking at my pictures maybe it's just because I got bigger faster with Brody than with Brooke. I gained a lot of (water) weight in the last month with Brooke though. I have been lucky enough though with both pregnancies to be able to wear my regular pants.

Brooke- 37 weeks
Brody -35 weeks
Brody -35 weeks
Brody -39 weeks
And the final comparison: With Brooke I delivered at 40 weeks, 6 days. With Brody I delivered at 39 weeks, 3 days.

No comments: