So, now that I'm the mother of two (crazy!!!) it is evident that there are several must have items that have helped to make my life a little easier and less chaotic. Thanks to Craigslist, I have been able to get most of them at a great price too.
My Brest Friend-deluxe_pic.jpg)
Funny name, awesome pillow! With Brooke I had a Boppy handed down to me and it worked fine. But, I always wanted one of these because it has the back support and straps to you. Let's just say, with 2 kids you can't always be sitting down to feed and this makes that much easier!
Medela Double Electric Pump
There's no way I would have been able to nurse Brooke for a whole year without this thing. I would bring it with us when we were out an about so I could pump in the car as we were driving then I had a bottle ready whenever she decided she was hungry. Just be careful when going through airport security - they'll take it aside and do a chemical test FOR SURE (ask Elyse about that one). It's a breast pump, not a bomb!! I have also been known to pump as I'm driving home from work. Yeah, I know....it's a little odd, but hey, you've got to multi-task sometimes!
There's no way I would have been able to nurse Brooke for a whole year without this thing. I would bring it with us when we were out an about so I could pump in the car as we were driving then I had a bottle ready whenever she decided she was hungry. Just be careful when going through airport security - they'll take it aside and do a chemical test FOR SURE (ask Elyse about that one). It's a breast pump, not a bomb!! I have also been known to pump as I'm driving home from work. Yeah, I know....it's a little odd, but hey, you've got to multi-task sometimes!Udder Cover

This I like to call "Magic in a bottle". This stuff is seriously amazing! I don't know exactly how, but this stuff will calm a fussy baby instantly. I asked the Pediatrician at the hospital what she thought of it, just to hear her opinion (since I had already formed my own through experience) and she said "Well, there's no real proof that it works, and although you really can't overdose your baby on it, why use it if it doesn't work?" Let me tell you, when I can't get Brody to stop fussing and everything else has been checked off (full tummy, diaper changed, blanket, pacifier) I give him some of this and he instantly calms down.
What are your Mommy Must Haves?
I also didn't have one of these with Brooke and said that I would get one with the next baby. My sister Emily was awesome and got me one. I LOVE IT! I was never good at covering up with a blanket and always felt like I was going to flash someone so I would have to go in the other room to feed her and stuff. This has eliminated that! It would totally be easy to make though.
Yet another item I told myself I wanted for the next baby. This has been awesome and I have used it a ton already. Brody loves it and it makes it so we can go out and go into places that the stroller wouldn't fit. We bought it brand new at a garage sale. I have seen the cloth wraps and stuff but I guess I'm more skeptical of those. I saw someone using one once and she had the thing wrapped around her about 8 times and I thought "No thank you!"
Bumbo chair
We bought this for Brooke and absolutely love it. It sure makes things easier when you're trying to keep the kid in one place
Gripe water
We bought this for Brooke and absolutely love it. It sure makes things easier when you're trying to keep the kid in one place
This I like to call "Magic in a bottle". This stuff is seriously amazing! I don't know exactly how, but this stuff will calm a fussy baby instantly. I asked the Pediatrician at the hospital what she thought of it, just to hear her opinion (since I had already formed my own through experience) and she said "Well, there's no real proof that it works, and although you really can't overdose your baby on it, why use it if it doesn't work?" Let me tell you, when I can't get Brody to stop fussing and everything else has been checked off (full tummy, diaper changed, blanket, pacifier) I give him some of this and he instantly calms down.
What are your Mommy Must Haves?


2 comments:
So I've never tried the brest friend and just actually saw it for the first time on a weird show on TLC.....but I am very intrigued now. My mommy must have is a Kidko peapod....a little tent that folds down flat but springs open and is an alternative to a pack and play. Great when we travel and camp and go boating and etc.....love it!
PS-Brody is such a cutie. I think he has the steadman look-must be a dominant gene because Brooke has it too.
Cool ideas! IF I ever have another one I will have to come back to your blog and try some of those cool "must-haves"!!
Post a Comment