Friday, April 25, 2008

Cruisin' with the fam

For Christmas my parents took the whole family on a cruise. With all of our busy schedules, it just
worked out that we were all home and available to go last week. We were so excited and looked forward to it for a long time. It was the first time we had seen Cindy since she left for her mission September 2005. The only sad thing about it is that we decided not to bring Brooke. Tyler's mom was more than willing to watch her while we were gone and was so good to take the week off of work so she could spend time with her. They had a great time going to Nemo on Ice, the Phoenix zoo, shopping, out to eat with aunts and cousins, taking a ride on Grandpa's horse, visiting the cows, riding on the tractor, and spoiling her more than ever... if that's possible!

Tyler and I flew to San Diego early Saturday morning. We met up with Todd, Wendy & the kids. We had a fun time going to the San Diego Zoo (although I must admit that wasn't as fun without Brooke) and Sea World. Note to self: Next time, skip Sea World and spend the money going to Disneyland.

Monday the rest of the clan arrived from Idaho and we went down to the bay to get on the cruise ship. It was awesome! The rooms weren't as small as I thought they would be, but from what I've heard they were a little bigger than some other cruise ships. We had to go through the life jacket training, and then it was time to have fun and eat. I must say that the food was amazing. I thought that since there was nonstop food that it would be pretty mediocre, but it was actually really, really good! We ate in the formal dining hall every night and that was a lot of fun. You're assigned a table so you get to know the server really well. Our ship had some ping pong tables, a water slide, miniature golf, several hot tubs and swimming pools, basketball, and so on. We spent most of the first day just looking around the ship and seeing what was there.

Our first stop was in Cabo San Lucas. We had to take a water taxi from the ship to the dock. It was so crazy to have the streets lined with guys wanting to take you on your excursions. We didn't sign up with anything on the ship so once we got there we decided to go to Lover's Beach. We went there and had funplaying on the beach, but had to be careful because the undercurrent was very strong. Some went parasailing after that and we went to find a restaurant with good fish tacos.

I'll have to do some more writing when I get a chance, but for now enjoy the pictures!









































5 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a really fun trip. I bet you guys were happy to get home to Brooke, though. I love all of the pictures!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! I want to go on a cruise so bad. It looked beautiful & that food, don't even get me started. Fun! Fun!

P.S. i go to YMCA & i'm always looking for more work out buddies for support. I love that Gym- you should join!!!

The Rogers said...

FUN FUN trip! I am jealous! I am so ready to take a trip myself! Cruises are a blast aren't they?! Glad you guys had fun! Whats the update on you guys and housing, anything changing?

tam said...

What a fun time with the whole family. It looks like you guys had a great time. I should mention to my parents how fun a cruise would be!

Robert Choate said...

Please tell Taryn how much fun you had Iit looks like you had an amazing time) and that it is totally safe and would be a wonderful time. I want to go on a cruise one day but she is against it. Please help!