Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Potty Training in Progress

For the last 5-6 months I have been starting Brooke on potty training. I know, she's not even 18 months, but I figure better late than never. My plan in my head is to have her potty trained by the time she is two (since my grandma potty trained me the week before I turned two when my mom was in the hospital having my brother) but realistically I knew that may not happen.

Anyway, so when I give her a bath I run the bath water then take her diaper off and sit her on the toilet. I really just want her to get used to the feel of the toilet. At first she really didn't like it and only sat for a few seconds. The more she got used to it the longer she would sit, for about 15 seconds. A few weeks ago I sat her on there like normal when I hear a little trickle. I couldn't believe it, she peed a little in the toilet! I was so proud of her! Since that time she has done that about 3-4 times.

Well tonight we were getting ready for bed when Brooke leads me into the bathroom. I thought she was going to show me that Uncle Terah had left the seat up (they're staying with us while they find a house to rent- welcome to AZ!) but she pointed to the toilet and said please. I took her diaper off and sat her on the toilet and guess what? She peed again! She sat there for a minute or two and I kept asking her if she was all done then finally she said yes.

Way to go Brooke! I'm so proud of you!

8 comments:

Meridith said...

WOW!! That's awesome! Way to go!

Emily said...

Seriously, way to go Brooke and way to go Mom! That is so awesome, what a smart little girl!

Jules said...

Holy cow! Way to go, Brooke! We're just starting to potty train London, and she's not about to actually ask to go. That's awesome.

Jen said...

That's Great!
So do you reward her when she does it, or does she just get excited about the fact that she actally can?

Born2Save said...

I haven't really rewarded her other than verbally, she seems to like being a "big kid". I have always told her when I was going potty and she'll just follow me into the bathroom so it's almost like she's just mimicking me.

Today she followed me in there and then pointed to the toilet. I put her on it and she peed again so I did give her a sugar free popsicle as a reward.

The Malone Family said...

Wow..I'm so impressed. I don't even want to think about potty training.

Judds said...

YEAH Brooke! Please come over and teach that to my girls. They're struggling.

Tatiana said...

Wow potty training already. You are crazy! But you are right... better start sometime. I am so nervous to potty train Bryson. How are you supposed to train a boy?!?