Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Announcing.....

Landon Aaron Westover was born September 6, 2007 (same day as my mom) at 9:19 pm weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz and 18" long. Deena and Aaron (Tyler's sister and brother-in-law) are the proudest parents! Here they are awaiting the arrival of their long-awaited little one.He was taken c-section after they measured him as gaining around 2 lbs in 1 week and weighing over 8 lbs. The doctor told Deena she couldn't deliver that big of a baby, and she had been on pytosin and something else to dilate her that did nothing. He is just the cutest thing. Deena asked and asked what the 'singing' sound was that he was making. Come to find out that he had wet lung. From what I understand it is water in the lungs, but not infected like pneumonia. This put him in the NICU for 5 days with oxygen and IVs. I didn't get to see him with the full face oxygen, but it's a pretty sad sight! They got to bring him home today and we are so excited about that. Brooke thought it was pretty cool to finally have a cousin. Today she kissed him when he was in his car seat.

Brooke turned 8 months old a couple days ago. I can't believe how fast the time has flown! I let her celebrate by eating her first fruit. I have been pretty tight about making sure that she only eats veggies because I want her to like them. So far she has had: green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, garden vegetables, mixed vegetables, squash, sweet potatoes with corn, and now vanilla apples. She does so good with anything I have given her (although all the veggies made her a little plugged up....oops!)

Last weekend we went on our first ward camp out at Camp Lomiah. It was a lot of fun. The cabin we stayed in had 2 other couples with babies, so it looked pretty funny with our 3 pack-n-plays all set up. It was so fun to get to know other people in the ward better and to be where it was cooler and absolutely beautiful!

1 comment:

Judds said...

Congrats Deena and Aaron !